Calvinism Lecture 2, part 2 - The Sovereignty of God in Scripture
Questions raised by the classical approach of Augustine/Calvin/Westminster Confession
1. If there is only One Will in the universe, how can man be held responsible?
2. Is God's will always done? If sowhy does He frequently complain?
3. Is God the author of sin? If so, why does He object to it?
4. Does prayer really affect anything?
5. Why are evangelism and, especially persuasion necessary?
6. Why do actual events not always conform to God's stated will?
7. Does this model of God's sovereignty have any biblical basis?