In this video Steve Gregg expounds the entire book of Jude (Yes, all 25 verses). If you missed the introduction to the book that Steve in conjunction with 2 Peter, click here.
New King James Version (NKJV)
Greeting to the Called1 Jude, a bondservant of Jesus Christ, and brother of James,
To those who are called, sanctified[a] by God the Father, and preserved in Jesus Christ:
2 Mercy, peace, and love be multiplied to you.
Contend for the Faith
Old and New Apostates
8 Likewise also these dreamers defile the flesh, reject authority, and speak evil of dignitaries. 9 Yet Michael the archangel, in contending with the devil, when he disputed about the body of Moses, dared not bring against him a reviling accusation, but said, “The Lord rebuke you!” 10 But these speak evil of whatever they do not know; and whatever they know naturally, like brute beasts, in these things they corrupt themselves. 11 Woe to them! For they have gone in the way of Cain, have run greedily in the error of Balaam for profit, and perished in the rebellion of Korah.
Apostates Depraved and Doomed
14 Now Enoch, the seventh from Adam, prophesied about these men also, saying, “Behold, the Lord comes with ten thousands of His saints, 15 to execute judgment on all, to convict all who are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have committed in an ungodly way, and of all the harsh things which ungodly sinners have spoken against Him.”
Maintain Your Life with God
22 And on some have compassion, making a distinction;[d] 23 but others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire,[e] hating even the garment defiled by the flesh.
Glory to God
- Jude 1:1 NU-Text reads beloved.
- Jude 1:4 NU-Text omits God.
- Jude 1:12 NU-Text and M-Text read along.
- Jude 1:22 NU-Text reads who are doubting (or making distinctions).
- Jude 1:23 NU-Text adds and on some have mercy with fear and omits with fear in first clause.
- Jude 1:24 M-Text reads them.
- Jude 1:25 NU-Text reads To the only God our Savior.
- Jude 1:25 NU-Text omits Who . . . is wise and adds Through Jesus Christ our Lord.
- Jude 1:25 NU-Text adds Before all time.